Instead of a new introduction to this topic, I refer you to my framing from our meeting of several years ago on “does religion have to be conservative?”
We have had several other excellent discussions of the nature of religion and there were some good links. Here’s a list of those meetings, plus a few more optional readings. For many more fine articles that provide insights into the inherently conservative or liberal nature of specific religions, I refer you to the entire Internet.
Have a great Christmas, everyone and perhaps I’ll see you on Monday.
SUGGESTED BACGROUND READINGS –
- 2012 CivCon: Must Religion Be Conservative? Recommended.
- 1011 CivCon: What Is Liberal Christianity?
- 8 principles of progressive Christianity.
- How about eschewing labels like these altogether?
- Can the Christian Left become a real political force in America? Or, this shorter similar article. Either recommended.
- Cool chart: The political affiliation of all major US religious denominations.
- Conservative POV:
Next Week: Are we paying too high a price to combat terrorism?