I propose we discuss the 15 propositions (17 minus the 2 death penalty ones we did last week) by subject areas. Here’s the order I think might work, starting each area with the most important/controversial ones. (Red) shows people that have volunteered to research and present specific props. If you want to do one, just let me know. I’ll do the usual linkfest post in a few days.
A. Criminal Justice:
- 57: Criminal sentencing. (Linda)
- 64: Marijuana legalization. (David)
- 63: Gun (actually ammo) control. (David)
B. Health Care and Environment:
- 52: Medi-Cal hospital fee. (Carl)
- 61: State prescription drug purchase costs. (Carl)
- 65: + 67: Plastic grocery bag ban. (David)
- 60: Condom use in porn. (David)
- 56: Cigarette tax hike. (Linda)
C. Taxes, borrowing, good government.
- 55: Extends a previous high-income tax increase. (John M.)
- 53: Requires voter approval for big state revenue bonds.
- 54: Publishing of CA legislature’s draft bills and proceedings.
- 59: Citizens United – Non-binding declaration to reverse it.
- 58: English language proficiency.
- 51: School bonds ($9b) for K-12 and JC’s.