Coco’s closed suddenly last week. Thanks to Desiree and all the other wait staff that helped us out all of these years. Luckily, we already have a new home, and it’s just over a mile away from Coco’s. A brand new member of CivCon, Filip, has volunteered the café he owns, the Village Café. It’s the same spot where Gary’s Philosophical Minds club meets on Tuesdays, so it comes highly recommended. We will stay with Monday nights. Here are the details.
- Monday nights at 7pm – 9pm, same as before.
- The Village Café, 10415-B San Diego Mission Road, San Diego. It’s also in the Grantville area, 1.4 miles south and west from the old Coco’s as the Google flies.
- We will have the entire café to ourselves!
- Map and directions from Coco’s.
Thank you, Filip!
- Parking: Should be ample in front of the cafe, but if not two driveways west there’s overflow parking in the back of the San Diego Teachers Association.
- Directions: Take I-15 to the Friars turnoff and go east, just like to go to Coco’s. But, before you get to Coco’s, turn Right (south) onto Rancho Mission Road. Then, after what looks on Google Maps like 5 intersections but maybe is less, turn right onto San Diego Mission Road and The Village Café is on your left at 10415-B. Lost? The Cafe’s phone number is 619-528-4556