First, okay, since all of these are election-related this week, it’s a bit of a stretch to call this post “The Bigger Picture.” Still, these are fantastic analyses of the race and its importance.
- Everyone’s nightmare: The election is so close (especially in Ohio) that it gets bogged down in litigation and recounts. How would a radicalized GOP respond? Some are predicting: Very Badly. A Democratic Party that still feels the sing of 2000/Gore, and is well aware of voter suppression tactics?
- One man’s thoughts on whether Hurricane Sandy has changed the presidential race. FWIW, I disagree: Not enough undecideds left to influence.
- A ringing and reasoned condemnation of the idea that Romney would govern as a moderate. The same guy’s ringing and well-reasoned endorsement of Obama. Must-reads, IMO.
- This election is the most racially polarized in history. More here.
- Will Citizens United lead to even more political extremism? Yes, says this top-notch political scientist. Find out why he thinks so.