A few interesting reads I’ve come across these last seven days..
- A survey of the study evidence that Obama will lose votes on November 6 because of his race. This is fascinating.
- The harsh economics of why we never do anything to stop climate change.
- A twofer: (1) A defense of some recent harsh criticism of Obama’s drone strikes policy; that also (2) makes a few pointed comments on the limits of presidential power, even in a war. We discussed both drone strikes and presidential powers in the last month.
- The deeper consequences of the Tea Party movement.
- I know you all know this but: How blue states subsidize red states – includes the top 10 “moocher” and “producer” states.
- Finally, apropos of nothing, a really cool statistic (source):
“In 1800, women spent about 70 percent of their adult years bearing and rearing
young children, but that fraction has decreased in many parts of the world to
only about 14 percent, due to lower fertility and longer life.”