- We’ll start off with a pessimistic (to liberals) take on the presidential race. This is from a very savvy political wonk-type, who says Obama lost his best chance to bury Romney.
- On the other hand, probably the best political journalist anywhere doubts that 90 minutes could really cost Obama the election.
Other good reads this past week:
- Reads of the week: Why is Mitt Romney being portrayed suddenly as a “moderate?” He just isn’t; it’s clear if you’re able to break the code words he was using in the first debate.
- If Romney loses, will the GOP grow more moderate? No.
- The number of “non-religious” Americans is growing fast. But, don’t overstate what this means for our society and our politics.