I’ll do as special post on Wednesday or Thursday with links to good analyses of the Tuesday Obama/Romney debate.
Good Reads This Past Week –
First off, here is how self-described Libertarians voted in the last eight presidential elections plus in 20123 (polling estimate). The point: Since 2000, libertarians have become just plain, old Republican voters (source), despite pretentions to the contrary.
Other good stuff:
- Can the GOP be saved? They’ll need a new Eisenhower.
- Or – The fate of California’s Republican Party (it’s become a virtually whites-only, permanently non-majority party, but still able to destroy government) may be the future for the GOP – and us – nationally? A must read.
- Why pessimism about the future can be so deep among Americans and yet Obama is still winning. A must read.
- Is the religious Right’s agenda “secular?” It is if it subordinates religious values to a political and ideological agenda.
- The slow collapse of California’s college education system (We’ll discuss this on Dec. 3 and I’ll relink.)