- Are Democrats starting to win the battle of ideas? Maybe.
- Why has the Media started to go so hard on Romney? Four reasons.
- Surprise! Almost 80% of the “independent” money flowing into the 2012 campaign is the reasult of the “Citizens United effect.”
- Since 1990, white Americans without any college education have seen their life expectancy drop by four years! Falling life expectancy in a rich country is almost unheard of.
- A map of inequality state-by-state. Yeah, inequality is high in the South. But, it’s also very high in large northern states with big urban areas. California is one of the most economically unequal states, as are New York and Illinois.
- Homer Simpson votes for president!
- A conservative seriously doubts that congressional Republicans would start cooperating with President Obama if he wins reelection.
Who and What
We are the Civilized Conversation Club of San Diego!
Our goal is to revive the lost art of civilized conversation. We invite you to come enrich our discussions with your presence and viewpoints. We gather weekly at a local café for respectful, animated, intelligent conversation.
When and Where
Panera Café, 5620 Balboa Ave. in San Diego. At the intersection with Genesee.
EVERY Monday at 7pm (capacity 20+).
Oct 2: Social Security reform.
Oct 9: Are we near the end of paper currency?
Oct 16: What is the legacy of the 1980s?
Oct 23: Is it hard to be a man these days?
Oct 30: North Korea: Now what?
Nov 6: Do we really have a democracy?
Nov 13: Lessons of the Vietnam War.
Nov 20: Prosperity Gospel – Why does it appeal to so many Americans?
Nov 27: Is the American diet unhealthy?
Dec 4: Has the “paranoid style” taken over American politics?
Dec 11: Is a “Third Way” between capitalism and socialism viable?
Dec 18: How is the decline of religiosity changing the USA?
Most Recent Posts