We have a full plate for tonight’s meeting: New location update and a great topic on Reagan’s legacy. But, since the SCOTUS Obamacare ruling came down today, several people have suggested we talk about it.
How about 30 minutes worth, or maybe 45 max? I can spend 5 minutes outlining the ruling’s basis, if you want, or we can just get right into it. Thoughts?
Here’s some good commentary to get you started:
- Today’s ruling in plain English, from the widely quoted SCOTUSblog.
- A liberal cynically speculates over Robert’s reasonings.
- A conservative legal scholar says the ruling was really a “partial victory” for proponents of limited govertnment. Convincing.
- Lawrence Tribe: Roberts saves the court.
- How radical the four dissenter’s opinion is.