Civilized Conversation now meets at Eclipse Chocolat, 2121 El Cajon Blvd. Meetings will continue to be every Thursday night from 7pm to 9pm. Eclipse is a great little cafe and gourmet chocolate maker.
Who and What
We are the Civilized Conversation Club of San Diego!
Our goal is to revive the lost art of civilized conversation. We invite you to come enrich our discussions with your presence and viewpoints. We gather weekly at a local café for respectful, animated, intelligent conversation.
When and Where
Panera Café, 5620 Balboa Ave. in San Diego. At the intersection with Genesee.
EVERY Monday at 7pm (capacity 20+).
Nov 6: Do we really have a democracy?
Nov 13: Lessons of the Vietnam War.
Nov 20: Prosperity Gospel – Why does it appeal to so many Americans?
Nov 27: Is the American diet unhealthy?
Dec 4: Has the “paranoid style” taken over American politics?
Dec 11: Is a “Third Way” between capitalism and socialism viable?
Dec 18: How is the decline of religiosity changing the USA?
Most Recent Posts
- Monday’s Mtg: Is there a Third Way between capitalism and socialism?
- Monday’s Mtg: Does the “paranoid political style” dominate U.S. politics now?
- Monday’s Mtg: Is the American diet unhealthy? Why?
- Monday’s Mtg: Understanding the Prosperity Gospel and its appeal
- Monday’s Mtg: Lessons of the Vietnam War.