My last two pre-meeting posts took a stab at defining racism as a psychological construct and sociological phenomenon, and linked to a few articles highlighting the divide in how white and black americans view racism in our country.
This last post I’ll just use to link to a few articles that try to explain some of the consequences of racism for our contemporary politics.
- The Tea Parties are NOT mainly motivated by racism.
- Yeah, they are. (More radical website than I usually link to)
- Maybe/maybe not. But, if they’re not, then why are so many of the appeals made to them made using such obviously racialized language?
- The problem of liberal racism.
- Libertaranism and racism (a great point)
They’ll be a quiz. Okay, there won’t be. But, please come to this one. Where else would a topic liked this be discussed in plain language?