This week’s topic mixes religion, science, and even philosophy. What do people mean when they say they are “spiritual?” Is it the same as being religious? Can science explain why people are spiritual? Can philosophy? Does it matter?
No lecture from me this week, but I’ll give a short intro to explain my reasoning behind suggesting the topic. Also, please tell your more spiritual friends about this meeting! We need diversity on this one.
- How spiritual are Americans?
- How spiritual are we? (Parade Magazine survey results/analysis)
- Most millenials say they’re “more spiritual than religious.”
- How spiritual are you? ** Please take at least one of these quizzes before the mtg **
- What is “spirituality” anyway?
- “Spiritual but not religious” – from beliefnet.com
- A definition I found on-line. Vague, but here it is anyway.
- Science versus spirituality: