Oops. Forgot to post weekly links last weekend. Must have been too busy helping with the Zionist conspiracy…
- Just a brilliant lament on what has happened to American conservatism in the last 20 years, from my favorite British Tory-type conservative, Andrew Sullivan.
- The fundamental difference between Republican and Democrat approaches to health care reform: Dems want to spread health care risk, the GOP wants to concentrate risks on individuals.
- Cool map of the world showing which countries do/do not still use it.
Al Qaeda, plus Iran
- AQ has been defeated, but we should not celebrate because Islamist radicalism has not been.
- No, they have not lost — at least not as long as they still can seduce middle-class, educated Western muslims.
- 10 hard truths about Iran.
- Awesome side-by-side list of who says global warming is real vs fake.
- The latest good news: Arctic ice-trapped methane may be escaping, in which case we are really screwed.
- You knew this was coming: Inspired by intelligent design campaigns, some states are passing laws to teach “both sides” of the climate change debate.
Quotes of the Week
- “But Obama’s physical turned out great. The doctor said a couple of things. He said: ‘Cut out the cigarettes. Also, try to stay out of Toyotas.'” –David Letterman.
- “Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.” — P. J. O’Rourke