This week’s links cover the America’s future thing we talked about last night. Also, Haiti, Islam’s future in Europe, and the gloomy budget deficit problem. Plus, I added a few of the books I had last night on the bailouts to our Books We Like page, above.
- Here is the Fallows article on America’s future that I talked about last night. Here’s his blog/column at the same magazine (great stuff on China)
- BTW, theatlantic.com is a repository of many of the more thoughtful conservative voices, such as Megan McCardle and Andrew Sullivan (despite his hatred of Palin). See also this article from the current issue by a leading conservative thinker on the future of the GOP.
- Background on Haiti: http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/01/haiti-and-united-states-inextricably.htmlglect
- International neglect of Haiti: http://rothkopf.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2010/01/13/learning_from_the_foreshocks_of_the_haiti_disaster
- A cheery thought: http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2010/01/we_didnt_break_it.php#more?ref=fpblg
Future of European Islam
Dealing With Looming Budget Deficits