Great news! An old friend of mine who is now a public defender here in San Diego said he would come to our meeting. Jeff defends felons and knows three strikes-related stuff from the inside.
Here are some links related to 3-strikes and crfime policy.
1. An awesome primer on this topic (with FAQ and ideas for solutions) from Families Against Mandatory Minimums.
1a. NEW: Who’s in our prisons?
2. Article on the coming “beyond mass-incarceration era” of crime policy.
3. An impassioned plea (with facts!) to reform mandatory mminimum laws
4. America’s prison problem, from Slate Magazine.
5. 12-page pdf Report on California’s staggering prison problems.
6. A new book on the future of criminal justice policy, for your future in-depth reading needs.