This Week’s Mtg on Cap and Trade (12/10/9)
Norm will be giving the presentation. With the conference in Copenhagen, this is a very big week for this critical topic. Yet, like every subject, the media has done a lousy job of explaining even the rudiments of it, much less any nuance.
So, here’s some background on this much confused and abused topic, by subject. Keep checking this post, as I will add links as I find clear, basic ones.
Climate Change Basics
1. For total beginners.
2. Simpler for total beginners.
3. Expected Impacts.
4. Denialist arguments debunked. (one of many such sites)
Cap and Trade Basics
1. Good, simple: The basics of cap and trade
2. A much more lengthy but more thorough description (pdf)
This Week’s Big Copenhagen Conference
1. Copenhagen 101 Primer.
2. NYT’s daily coverage of the ongoing conference.
3. NEW: Prospects of a successful agreement
Since it will come up anyway — The Recent Hacked Email “Controversy:”
1. Time Magazine’s take on it
2. Rebuttal to these bizarre claims.
3. Pithier Rebuttal.
4. NEW: Why the US public seems to be turnig against global warming.